Mammalian legume, also known as LGMN, also called asparaginyl endopeptidase (AEP), is a cysteine protease belonging to the C13 peptidase family with strict specificity for the hydrolysis of asparaginyl bonds. Previously known only from plants and invertebrates, Legumain is discovered as a lysosomal endopeptidase in mammals. Mammalian Legumain is a cysteine endopeptidase, inhibited by iodoacetamide and maleimides, but not affected by compound E64.
The mammalian legume is involved in the processing of bacterial peptides and endogenous proteins for MHC class II presentation in lysosomal/endosomal systems. The legume has been shown to be highly expressed in various types of solid tumours. It was demonstrated in membrane-associated vesicles concentrated in the invadopodia of tumour cells and on cell surfaces where it was colocalized with integrins. Legumain was shown to activate progelatinase A.
Cells overexpressing Legumain possessed increased migratory and invasive activity in vitro and adopted an invasive and metastatic phenotype in vivo, inferring the importance of Legumain in tumour invasion and metastasis. Furthermore, Legumain is expressed in both murine and human atherosclerotic lesions. The macrophage-specific expression of Legumain in vivo and the ability of Legumain to induce monocyte and endothelial cell chemotaxis in vitro suggest that Legumain may play a functional role in atherogenesis.
1. Product specifications
- Product name: Sus scrofa Recombinants
- Full name: legumes
- Size: 10ug, 50ug or 100ug
- Format: Liquid
- Formulation: Filtered solution in 50 mM Na2HPO4 (pH 7.4), 0.5 M NaCl, 800 mM imidazole, 6 M urea.
- Purification: His-tag affinity purification by immobilized metal ion affinity chromatography (IMAC)
- Concentration: Lot specific (see label on the vial), determined by Bradford protein assay.
- Purity: >90%
- Purity determined by: SDS-PAGE under reducing conditions and visualized by Coomassie blue staining
- Genetic symbols: PCR
- Species: Sus scrofa (pig)
- Access number: O19062
- Expressed region: Gln20-Pro222
- Protein name and synonyms: C-reactive protein, C-reactive protein, pentraxin-related, pentraxin 1, PTX1.
- Expression System: Escherichia coli (E.coli)
- Conjugation/Tag: N-terminal histidine tag
- Molecular weight (kDa): 23
4. Stability and Storage
- Shipping: Ice packs
- Storage/Stability: Upon arrival, protein can be stored for 2 weeks at 4°C. For long-term storage, it is recommended to store at -20°C or -80°C in suitable aliquots. Avoid repeated cycles of freezing and thawing.